We often try to restart more than we’d need to, and with a year behind us that changed many things, should we restart or scale? I want to devote my 2021’s greetings to something that’s on a lot of our minds. Read on, I promise it will be worth your time 🙂
I’m sure many of us are in the same boat, but how many of us have any real game plan for accomplishing New Year’s Resolutions? I realized that no matter what the goals are, they should be specific and difficult, and you must commit and get feedback to keep improving. As they say, ‘measure what matters’ so here’s your locker room speech:
- Specific: If you want better performance, then pledge to “get 1% better every day” rather than promising you’ll “get better performance,” which is vague. This is called an exponential improvement.
- Difficult: By having tougher goals, you’ll simply work harder and be more focused than if your goal was easy to accomplish. End of the day, it is You-vs-You.
- Commitment: There are many things that affect commitment, such as who assigns the goal and whether the person believes they can actually achieve it.
- Feedback: Feedback is an important tool on the goal-achieving journey. It helps you recognize what you’re doing wrong, so you can improve your performance accordingly.
That’s the simplest way I can put it, after all, remember that even a bad start is better than no start 😉
What’s brewing in the market?
- Remember the market distortion liner carriers created by imposing ‘equipment imbalance surcharges’, well, it turns out European shippers and freight forwarders have called on the European Union’s competition authorities to investigate the ‘practices’. No high hopes but let’s see how the situation unfolds. Read more at: http://www.lloydsloadinglist.com/freight-directory/news/EU-shippers-call-for-box-line-competition-scrutiny/78198.htm
- On its strategy to ‘constantly keep evolving and copying others’, Amazon recently purchased 11 Boeing 767-300 planes because global e-commerce volume tripled since the coronavirus pandemic began last March. This development is worth keeping an eye on because just a month ago Amazon launched hub in Leipzig, DE airport to shift shipments away from DHL, FedEx and UPS. Read more at: https://www.freightwaves.com/news/amazon-buys-first-aircraft-for-fast-growing-cargo-fleet?
- We are open for business in Poland! All your queries are welcome 🙂 https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6752192348886757376
- This is not part of market news, unfortunately, but if you like to laugh, then check out the YouTube video showing what ‘A Conference Call in Real Life’ would look: like https://youtu.be/kNz82r5nyUw
Let’s keep exploring and dive deeper into the world of achieving better, bigger, goals together.
I hope this is a useful starting point for you and if you have your own framework, then please share with us. We are excited about new starts and new ideas.
What does starting a new year mean for you?